Logical Wireless is an authorised Telkom service provider. At speeds of up to 100Mbps, there’s no faster internet in South Africa than fibre. It’s reliable, affordable and faster than you’ve ever experienced. If your area is covered, your world is about to change.
So what is Fibre?
- Fibre to the home or FTTH is a superfast internet that can turn your home into a fully connected Wi-Fi hotspot.
- It is a technology that uses glass threads (fibres) to transmit data. A fibre optic cable consists of a bundle of glass threads, each of which is capable of transmitting data modulated onto light waves.
Why is it better?
- FTTH provides speeds up to 100Mbps at very low latency. This is currently not available on existing copper lines. You are able to do so much more with more speed available to you.
- Less downtime of the service. As the cables contain no copper they are less prone to cable theft and vandalism.
- In the case of attempted theft the downtime is also significantly lower than normal copper lines.
- 95% speed guarantee. You will be getting 95% (DL) of the speed you are paying for.
- Existing Telkom fixed line clients will be able to migrate to Fiber on a similar service and speed at no additional cost.
- Installation of Fiber into your home is free if all the reticulation is in place. Currently the infrastructure is being laid throughout your estate. Upon your successful application the final portion will be fed through to your home.
- Normal Voice packages over your Fiber service will also be available.
- The Fiber cable running into your home will feed directly into the new Fiber exchange which will in turn feed directly into our Fiber backbone. This will assure you of the best quality service available.
- We will provide a personalized service to the residents of your estate once the Fiber is switched on and ready for installation.